March 1945 edition of Bombardiers' Information File BIF 1-6-3. When you receive BIF revisions you are required by AAF Regulations 62-15 and 15-24 to do the following:
1. Sign the receipt portion of Form 24BA (which is always enclosed as the first sheet of every revision). Hand this receipt at once to the operations office where you receive the revision.
2. Read the directions on the envelope which contains the revision.
3. Remove from your BIF and destroy the pages which are listed on the envelope. Don't try to short-cut and place the revision pages in at the same time you remove the replaced pages. You are sure to make mistakes. Do it one step at a time. Go clear through your book and take all pages out that are listed on the envelope. This is vital.
4. Read and study the revision sheets until you understand them.
5. Place the revision sheets in their proper place in your copy of BIF.
6. When you have done all of the above, and not until you have done it all properly, sign the compliance section of Form 24BA and return it to your Operations Officer so that it may be placed in your Form 5 file.
You have 30 days (by AAF Regulation 15-24) in which to do all of the above. If you have neglected any of the steps listed you have violated regulations and are subject to disciplinary action.
The duties outlined here require perhaps 2 hours a month. If you shirk or neglect these duties your BIF cannot be useful to you. It must be currently correct or you cannot add new revisions properly.
Bombardiers' Information File is your book. It was designed to save you many hours of work. If it were not for BIF, you would have to search and read through thousands of pages of War Department, AAF, and miscellaneous publications to get the information which you have to have to keep up-to-date with your duties and responsibilities.
Digitized by Google.
"AAF form 24B."
Without t.p.; title from table of contents
Issued as a loose-leaf vol., to be kept up to date by supplements and rev. pages